What better way to marry a love of simple baking with healthy eating than by following these easy and delicious recipes. Use these as snack or convenient breakfasts.
- 1 packet 20/20 Lifestyles vanilla protein powder
- 5 dates
- ½ c. unsweetened freeze-dried fruit (berries or tropical fruit work well)
- 2 tbsp. ground flax
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. chopped hazelnuts (or nuts of choice)
- 2/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 c. shredded carrots
- 1/3 c. almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix ingredients in a food processor until combined, pour mixture into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Yields 4 jumbo muffins or 6 regular muffins.
By Erika DeRooy, PRO Medical Dietitian Services Manager and Registered Dietitian
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Check out more healthy recipes here.