Try this pasta salad for a light and refreshing side during the warmer summer months. It’s also gluten and dairy free! Make a complete meal with your favorite grilled protein shrimp, chicken, or steak.
- 1 8oz box chickpea rotini noodles (brand used Banza)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- ½ small red onion, diced
- Honey mustard vinaigrette ingredients:
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to box, 7-9mintues.
- Chop peppers, cucumber, and carrots into bite size pieces. Dice red onion.
- In small bowl add dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Mix all ingredients into large bowl, allow noodles to cool before adding.
- Chill and serve.
Yields: 12 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
83 calories | 1.3g fat | 0g saturated fat | 14mg sodium | 14g carbohydrates | 3g fiber | 5g protein
130 calories | 6g fat | 1g saturated fat | 146mg sodium | 15g carbohydrates | 3g fiber | 5g protein
By Allie Coulter, PRO Medical Registered Dietitian
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Find more healthy recipes here.