Did you read our article on the MIND Diet? The MIND Diet is a blend of popular anti-inflammatory diets that research has shown can help for cognitive health.
Try this simple breakfast recipe, containing three key nutrients from the MIND diet – blueberries, walnuts, and whole grain oats.
- ½ dry rolled old fashioned oats
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 small banana (2oz)
- ½ oz walnuts (~1/8cup)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½-¾ cup water – adjust as desired for thin or thick texture
- Dash of cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients to glass jar and stir.
2. Cover glass jar and place in refrigerator overnight.
PRO Tip: Boost Protein
Add in one of these ingredients to the recipe above to boost protein.
- ½ cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup dry TVP
- 1 serving vanilla or plain protein powder or ready to drink vanilla protein shake
Yields: 1 serving
355 calories | 14g fat | 1g saturated fat | 2mg sodium | 49g carbohydrates | 9g fiber | 11g protein
By Allie Coulter, RD, CD, PRO Medical Registered Dietitian
Looking for more support with your personal nutrition needs? Schedule 1:1 with a dietitian at PRO Medical.
Check out more tips, tricks and recipes from our Registered Dietitians here.