If you like the savory and spicy taste of classic buffalo wings, then you will love these buffalo “cauliflower” wings. A fun and mouthwatering way to spruce up your vegetables.
Skeptical? Naturally, however give these a try for a fun new food experience.
Prefer something less spicy? Substitute the hot sauce for barbecue sauce. Serve with carrots, celery and a side of ranch or blue cheese.
Looking for lower calorie dressings? Try a yogurt-based ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- 1 large bag of cauliflower or 1 cauliflower head (~16oz)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup buffalo or hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup 2% milk (or substitute for milk alternate or water)
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- In large bowl mix flour, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and milk.
- Add cauliflower and coat evenly.
- Place cauliflower on baking sheet (line for easier clean up). Bake for 20 minutes.
- In small bowl mix buffalo sauce and oil. Coat the cauliflower with buffalo sauce and bake for another 20minutes.
- If desired, broil cauliflower for last 2 minutes for a light char.
Yield: 4 servings (~1cup)
140 calories | 4.5g fat 1g s |aturated fat | 498mg sodium | 20g carbohydrates | 3g fiber | 5g protein
By Allie Coulter, PRO Medical Registered Dietitian
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Find more healthy recipes here.