We’ve all been there… pantry doors swung wide open, that blank stare roaming over all the jars and boxes… hungry whimpers wafting from the living room “What’s for dinnerrrr?” Are you looking for a quick and easy, creamy and delicious yet healthy meal for all those hungry tummies in your home? Well, look no further than your pantry and freezer, try out this scrumptious dinner pleaser!
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 slices uncured turkey bacon
- 1.5 cup carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 15oz can Tri-Bean blend
- 1.5 cup colored fingerling potatoes
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup Half and Half cream or whole milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
1. Add bacon to a large pot and cook over medium-high heat for 4-8 minutes until crisp. Transfer to a towel-lined plate and set aside.
2. Add garlic and shrimp to pot and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until garlic is fragrant and begins to brown and shrimp turns opaque.
3. Add corn, carrots, celery, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, potatoes, and chicken/vegetable broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then pour in heavy cream. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until potatoes are tender. Stir in bacon and cook another 2-3 minutes.
4. Garnish with chopped parsley or thyme and cracked black pepper, and serve
Servings 8.0 | Amount Per Serving | Calories 249
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8 g | 12%
Saturated Fat 4 g | 21%
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211 mg | 70%
Sodium 906 mg | 38%
Potassium 176 mg | 5%
Total Carbohydrate 19 g | 6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g | 12%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 37 g | 74%
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 13%
By Amanda Wood, PRO Medical Registered Dietitian
Check out more healthy recipes here.
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Adapted from Creme de la Crumb.