Similar to winter maintenance for your house, your car has winterizing tasks that should be performed to help protect it as we move into the new season.
Follow the below steps to best “winterize” your vehicle.
- Protect your paint. Get a coat of wax, and/or paint sealant to keep your paint looking fresh.
- Preserve your interiors. Clean and condition your leather – Don’t forget the leather protectant!
- Vacuum. Try to vacuum every nook and cranny in your car. This will remove any food debris that could get moldy with the added moisture that comes in the winter.
- Shampoo. Are your seats leather? No problem. Make sure to shampoo your vehicle’s carpets. This will help reduce your likelihood of mold or mildew.
- Protect your fabric. You can do this with fabric protectant from your local auto shop or by bringing it to an auto salon near you.
- Clay bar your paint. We recommend bringing your car to an auto salon for this service. Clay bar removes contamination and protects against sap, pitch and road tar. It also restores the shine and creates a smoother surface.
Looking for a place to bring your car? Stop by the Auto Salon at PRO Sports Club.
-JD Aylward, Vehicle Services Manager at PRO Sports Club