- 2 1/2 lb trimmed asparagus
- 1 C sweet onion, cut into 1/2 inch disks
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 oz goat cheese crumbles
- 1.3 C sliced figs
- 3 Tbsp pistachio nutmeg
- 2 tsp mint leaves
- Heat grill to medium flame
- Skewer asparagus and onion onto metal skewers. Coat with 2 Tbsp oil, pepper and sea salt. Grill for about 4-5 minutes per side or until tender
- In a medium bowl, toss together the remaining olive oil with the vinegar and thyme. Add asparagus and onion and mix thoroughly. Ass to serving plate. Sprinkle cheese, figs, nuts, and mint leaves on top then enjoy.
Check out more healthy recipes here.
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Originally from PRO Pulse May-June 2016