- 6 C water
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons, plus other half lemon, sliced
- 1 3/4 lb baby artichokes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves, halved
- Leaves of 1 sprig rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Combine water and 3 Tbsp lemon juice in bowl. Cut off top 1/2 inch of the artichokes and cut stems to within 1 inch of base. Peel stems. Remove outer leaves, leaving tender inner cores. Halve each lengthwise and add water mixture
- Drain artichokes and pat dry with towel. Combine artichokes with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic halves, tossing together.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet to high. Add half artichoke mixture and cook for 1 minute each side. Remove from pan and repeat for the other half. Add the entire artichoke mix to skillet and top with lemon slices and rosemary. Bake for 20 minutes stirring halfway. Discard lemon halves and serve immediately.
Check out more healthy recipes here.
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Originally from PRO Pulse May-June 2016