Women have always known that beauty begins with taking care of themselves. In our culturally diverse society, we can draw from ancient beauty traditions around the world to create beauty and harmony within ourselves. Each region of the world lends its unique ingredients to looking and feeling beautiful, taking us on an exciting journey through the world of beauty.
• Whether racing down the slopes in Colorado or lounging under a beach umbrella in the Florida Keys, beautiful skin deserves sunscreen.
Traditional healers practiced herbal medicine, massage, and spiritual healing to encourage “lokahi” (harmony).
• Hot Stone Massage incorporates basalt stones of various shapes, sizes, and weights which are heated and used to relax the muscles and increase blood flow
• Pompeii Lava Rock Pedicure incorporates hot stones and massage, creating a unique and royal foot treatment.
• Tropical sun and humidity can wreak havoc on the hair. For a deep conditioning mask, blend avocado with jojoba oil and apply to you tresses. Cover with a warm towel.
Product to Try:
• Pureology Nanoworks® Luxury Hair Masque
Warm tropical breezes, azure blue ocean, and tanned, cellulite free bodies. South Americans proudly embrace their bold, skin bearing culture with beautifully tanned, hair-free bodies carefully maintained to bikini-clad perfection.
• Experience the ultimate bronze glow from head to toe with an expert airbrush application of Body Bronzing. Within minutes, you’ll emerge with a perfect streak- less tan that lasts up to a week.
• Obtain a smooth, cellulite-free body with VelaShape™ the first and only non-surgical FDA-cleared medical solution for body reshaping circumferential reduction.
Product to Try:
• Phytomer Ultim Reflex Advanced Cellulite Smoothing Emulsion
Routine spa visits have become a common place to socialize as well as renew body, mind, and spirit for European men and women.
The term “spa” comes from the Latin words “espa” (fountain) and “sparsa” (to bubble up) and is also an acronym for “sanus per aquam” (healthy through water). Thalassotherapy centers are frequently found in the seaside towns of France, where seawater is believed to contain trace elements and minerals essential for healthy and well-being. Essential oils used in aromatherapy massage further benefit both body and spirit.
• Phytomer marine body treatments and products are made with natural ingredients from the sea. Serenity, our blissful 2 hour spa journey, combines an Ancient Oceans soak with a gentle, aromatic Ceres Sea Scrub and a 60-minute European massage
• Indulge your senses and brighten your skin with pure ingredients from Naturopathica®, our aromatherapy line. Bamboo Lemongrass Body Scrub contains pure essential oils of lemongrass, rose geranium, jasmine, and ylang ylang, as well as micronized walnut shells and bamboo power, for deep exfoliation and smooth polished skin
• For men, a Royal King’s Bath & Massage combines hydrotherapy with a deep muscle relaxation
• For a hydrating pick-me-up, fill a spray bottle with distilled water. Add a few drops of essential oil such as rose, lavender, or chamomile. Use this to spritz your face throughout the day
Product to Try:
• Naturopathica® Rose Geranium Plant Milk Mist
Since ancient times, Japanese have turned to a warm, comforting soak (“ofuro”) to relax. Immersing in hot water releases tension, soothes muscular pain, and stimulates circulation.
• Seaweed Soak activates the natural process of fat elimination, removing toxins and impurities, and provides a sense of relaxation.
• Shiatsu massage facilitates energy flow and circulation, correcting imbalances while promoting health and well-being.
• A common Ayurvedic treatment is to massage with sesame oil before bathing. It not only keeps the skin soft and supple, but is also said to maintain the flexibility of the joints
• Thick, lustrous hair is prized in India where coconut oil is warmed and massaged into the hair and scalp
Products to Try:
• Naturopathica® Arnica Muscle and Joint Bath & Body Oil
• NIOXIN Scalp Treatment™
Originally from PRO Pulse March-April 2009