This dip native to Spain is a zippy, complex addition to vegetables, poultry, fish, and more!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1lb fresh Roma or plum tomatoes, deseeded
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted (either homemade or jarred)
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse on low until ingredients begin to blend together.
- With motor still running, slowly add olive oil to mixture until all ingredients are incorporated. Mixture is not meant to be completely smooth.
This is traditionally served with grilled green onions, but also great as a condiment for other grilled vegetables, chicken, fish, and eggs.
By Sarah Lawson, CD, RD, Registered Dietitian at PRO Medical
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Check out more healthy recipes from our team of Registered Dietitians here.