A smart strategy for snack time can be to incorporate food flavors, textures, and tastes which you crave yet with modifications for overall more nutritional balance.
Sure, these products may be more processed but we have to be realistic with how much time we can really devote to creating these from scratch at times. And perhaps something fortified with a little extra fiber or protein can help you feel more satiated for longer than a traditional high-sugar snack.
Here are a few of our favorites to try:
1. The Cereal School – Protein Cereal
2. Shrewd Food Protein Puffs & Crisps
3. IWON Organics Protein Puffs & Stix
4. Quest Nutrition Protein Chips
5. Muscle Pharm Combat Cookies
6. Buff Bake Protein Sandwich Cookie
7. Bob’s Red Mill Protein Pancake & Waffle Mix
8. Evolve Ready-to-Drink Protein Shake
9. Protein Power Ball Snacks
10. Optimum Nutrition Protein Almonds
By Erika DeRooy, PRO Medical Dietitian Services Manager and Registered Dietitian
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Check out more tips and tricks from our Registered Dietitians here.