Say goodbye to sick days and sniffles this flu season. Though getting the common cold during these fall month can seem inevitable, there are common and natural, ways that you can protect yourself.
Dr. Brooke Weitz, Naturopath, put together a cold and flu season prevention plan that supports your immune system.
Step 1: Basic Immune support.
(Take each of the below daily when cold and flu season starts.)
- Super Immuno-Tone: Take 2 caps 3x/day
- C + Bio fizz: Take 1 tsp 2x/day
- MyCommunity Host Defense Comprehensive Immune support: Take 2 capsules daily
- ImmunoBerry Liquid: 3 droppers 3x/day
Step 2: Starting to see cold or flu symptoms? Take it one step further.
- Cold Season Tea – Steep in hot water, drink 1-3 cups daily
- Elderberry Zinc Herbal Lozenges – Take as needed to soothe and treat throat
- Cough and Bronchial Syrup with Zinc – Adults and children 12 years and older take 1-2 tsp every 4-6 hours (do not exceed 12 teaspoonfuls in a 24 hour period).
- Lung and Bronchial Tonic
- Breathe Easy Essential Oil – Use in diffuser, humidifier or use as steam inhalation by placing 5 drops in steaming water; place towel over your head and breathe naturally for 5 minutes.
- Throat and Gland spray – 3 sprays to back of throat up to 6x daily (strong taste but very effective for swollen lymph nodes)
- Pure Defense with NAC – 2 caps 2x/day. Great for airplane travel or when someone around you is sick
- Colloidal Silver Nasal Spray – 2 sprays in each nostril up to 6 times daily
Kids (adjust by weight):
- HMF Fit for School Chewable Probiotic – Take one daily
- C+ BioFizz – Take 1tsp daily in water
- Breathe Easy essential oil – Add to their baths and humidifiers
- Children’s Cough and Bronchial Syrup – Children 6-12 take 2 tsp every 2 hours. For severe coughs repeat every 20 minutes for the first hour then every 2 hours. Children 2-5 take 1 tsp every 2 hours.