This time of year, we have numerous requests for a warm breakfast option that still provides a high level of satisfying protein. Protein pancakes can be a great way to satisfy both needs. Bonus that they can be made in bulk for easy weekday grab-n-go or even frozen for use later. If you prefer vegetarian options substitute ground flax and water for the egg. Enjoy!
• 1 egg
• 1 packet vanilla 20/20 High Protein powder
• ¼ c. unsweetened applesauce
• ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat and spray with non-stick oil.
- In a bowl, beat egg then add remaining ingredients until evenly combined.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Enjoy plain or topped with almond or peanut butter as desired.
Nutrition Information (without toppings)
230 calories; 21g carbohydrate, 5g fat; 29g protein
This recipe is also a Freezer-friendly/ Make-ahead option, GF, and vegetarian option.
Erika works with clients in both the 20/20 LifeStyles program and general members. She enjoys helping her clients understand how healthier eating relates to a more balanced lifestyle. She specializes in a realistic and sustainable approach to meal plan changes. Her interests include emotional eating, sports nutrition and metabolic disorders among others. Erika has worked in long-term care, clinical, food service, and community settings.