Vegetarian protein sources are now on rise and may have you curious to try something new. You don’t have to be a vegetarian or vegan to enjoy these quick plant-based meals!
While nutrition needs vary based on the individual, these meals are packed full of fiber and protein to keep you going all day.
We also included options to make these meals vegan and dairy free.
Breakfast: 2020 Vegan Protein Shake
- 1 serving 2020 vegan protein powder
- 1 Tbsp natural nut butter
- 1 cup berries
- *Optional 1 cup unsweetened almond milk.
- Blend with water and ice.
300 calories | 12g fat, 1.7g saturated fat | 331mg sodium | 34g carbohydrates | 12g fiber | 20g protein
Lunch: Tempeh Chickpea Salad
- 3oz tempeh – Brand used Trader Joes Organic 3 grain Tempeh *can be served cold or baked if desired
- ½ cup chickpeas *canned for convenience, look for no added salt or low sodium and rinse
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup red bell pepper *Or add vegetables or you have on hand
- 2 Tbsp Newman’s Own Light Italian or dressing of choice
- ¼ cup reduce fat shredded cheese (omit for dairy free/vegan recipe)
- Cut and measure ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in medium sized bowl.
530 calories | 19g fat, 5g saturated fat | 668mg sodium | 48g carbohydrate, 20g fiber | 37g protein
Dinner: Penne Lentil Pasta with Roasted Broccoli
- 2 oz dry lentil pasta – Brand used Barilla
- ½ cup marinara sauce – Brand used Muir Glen Organic Classic Marinara
- 1.5 cup broccoli
- 2 tsp olive oil
- *salt, pepper, parmesan or nutrition yeast to season if desired (omit parmesan for dairy free/vegan recipe)
For roasted broccoli:
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Cut broccoli into bit sized pieces.
- Place on pan and drizzle olive oil.
- Season with dash of salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for 20-25minutes.
For the pasta:
- Boil water in medium pan.
- Cook lentil pasta per box directions ~7minutes.
- Drain and add marinara sauce.
- *Season with Parmesan or nutrition yeast if desired.
386 calories | 17g fat, 1g saturated fat | 535mg sodium| 51g carbohydrates, 19g protein | 12g fiber
By Allie Coulter, PRO Medical Registered Dietitian
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Find more healthy recipes here.