While working from home, many of us are finding we are pressed for time. Juggling childcare, pet care, house chores and our careers can leave us feeling stretched too thin. Delegating the task of food preparation via utilizing a meal delivery service can be an effective way to help reduce this stress.
We know ready-to-eat meals may not be desirable for long-term use, they can be highly effective in offering a convenient way to elevate your nutrition plan during this challenging time.
We will note those which have 20/20 LifeStyle-friendly options or any other special considerations for those who are on a weight loss journey or have dietary restrictions.
Here are a few of the local services still operating which our Registered Dietitian team has verified as choices they may recommend.
Why we love Freshly:
- Single meal ready-to-eat portions
- Meal subscription of 4 meals
- 12 meals per week
- Some meals categorized by <500 calories, <35g carb and dairy-free
Learn more about Freshly here.
Fresh ‘n’ Lean
Why we love Fresh ‘n’ Lean:
- Protein-packed individual meals, fresh not frozen
- 5 menu categories available: protein+, paleo, plant-based, low-carb and keto
- A la carte or weekly meal plans available
Learn more about Fresh ‘n’ Lean here.
The Custom Plate
Why we love The Custom Plate:
- Locally made, organic and nutrient-dense menu
- Weekly breakfast or snack boxes and family-style meals available
- Protein/veggie-based entrees align with most 20/20 LifeStyles diet targets
Learn more about The Custom Plate here.
Why we love Veestro:
- Plant-based, organic menu
- Offers meals frozen in individual portions to heat-n-eat
- A la carte or Chef’s Choice meal delivery options
Learn more about Veestro here.
Why we love Performance Kitchen:
- Offers meals which are locally made with fresh ingredients then frozen in individual portions
- Performance Kitchen was previously known as Eat Local
- Select Carb-Wise and Mediterranean meals may align with 20/20 LifeStyles diet targets
Learn more about Performance Kitchen here.
By Erika DeRooy, PRO Medical Dietitian Services Manager and Registered Dietitian
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
For healthy recipes that you can use these seasonal ingredients in, view our recipes here.