Recipe submitted by a 20/20 LifeStyles client and edited by Sarah Lawson, RD, CD, Registered Dietitian at PRO Medical
A healthy Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble? Who could resist!
A 20/20 LifeStyles client shared their meal plan from last week and I had to ask about this recipe. Using seasonal ingredients is a great way to be sustainable and to help support local farmers. This is the perfect spring time recipe!
For 20/20 LifeStyles clients and alumni, this is a Stage 7 recipe. Nutritional facts are added at the bottom.
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
- Prep a 9×9 pan by spritzing with non-stick spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together strawberries, rhubarb, honey, sugar, and cinnamon. Spread mixture evenly among prepped pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and evenly distribute over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until fruit bubbles.
Nutritional Facts: 110 Calories | Total Fat 4g | Sodium 2mg | Potassium 150mg | Total Carbohydrate 16g | Fiber 2g | Protein 3g
Curiuos to learn more about 20/20 LifeStyles? Learn more here and schedule a personal one-on-one consultation.
PRO Medical’s Registered Dietitians provide personalized meal plans and education to support you in making realistic lifestyle changes and in achieving your individual goals. We have experts in a variety of areas and provide support for adults, pediatrics and families.
Check out more healthy recipes here.